We want you to be totally satisfied with our products and services
There may be times when you will need to return a product purchased from us. Our Returns Policy is designed to assist you with your return. The benefits given by our Returns Policy are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have as a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
Help us, help you
When to return a product
You are entitled to a replacement, credit or refund where products have a major failure, such as:
• When it is faulty
• Wrongly described
• Different from a sample shown to you; or
• Do not do what they are supposed to do
We are not required to replace your product if you simply change your mind.
However, if you are not happy with your product, our Store Managers may, at their discretion, decide to exchange it or provide you with a gift card, providing the product is returned to us in its original condition and with proof of purchase. Please talk to us
if you are unsatisfied with a product or the service you have received from us.
Where to return a product:
Take your product to the front desk of your nearest Rebel Sport store. This includes products that carry a manufacturer’s warranty. Note that our Clearance stores may not carry all product lines of a normal store, which can make exchange difficult. Click Here
to access our store locator for all store locations.
What information is needed to complete your return?
To complete your return, we prefer that you:
• Show your receipt or other proof of purchase (e.g. bank statement / transaction history).
• Try to return the product in the same condition as it was purchased (including manuals, accessories and packaging).
• Provide us with any extra information we may need to process your return.
With a receipt
• For an exchange, credit, refund or repair we will ask for your name, telephone number, address details and signature in addition to your receipt. This helps us follow up with manufacturers on your behalf and to take other steps to improve our service to you.
• To reduce the risk of fraud and to keep our prices low for all our customers, our preference is for all purchases made on a debit/credit card to be credited back to the original card used, so please have your card with you.
Without a receipt – proof of purchase
• If you don’t have a receipt, we ask for and prefer to sight and record aphoto identification showing your name, address and signature. This information will be kept secure.
• You can help us determine proof of purchase by providing a Bank Statement or similar. This can help us establish and confirm the price you are likely to have paid for the goods and allow us to process your return.
• If you cannot provide satisfactory proof of purchase, Rebel Sport may, at its discretion, provide you with an exchange or a Gift Card to the current value of the item, or the value that applied at the time of sale (if that can be substantiated).
How long do you have to claim?
Consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time period and can vary from product to product depending on factors such as the nature of goods, price and statements made on packaging and product labels.
Our Store Managers can assist you with further information about the warranty period for the product you return.
Any expenses relating to the return of your product to store will normally have to be paid by you. For online store purchases, we will pay for return freight for any product assessed as having a major failure.
Some products may need to be assessed
We may need to assess your product to determine whether a repair, replacement or refund is appropriate. Certain products may need to be sent to the manufacturer or their repair agent for assessment, such as:
• Cricket bats, tennis racquets and similar items.
• Heart rate monitors and other electrical or technological products.
• Clothing/compression garments, some footwear.
• Bulky goods (see below) such as treadmills, exercise bikes, home gyms.
Liaising with the manufacturer
For some product assessments you may have the option to liaise directly with the manufacturer, or their repair agent. Our store team members can provide you with the relevant manufacturer contact details.
Products assessed as having a minor fault will be repaired by the manufacturer and returned to you within a reasonable time. We offer a refund or replacement if the product is assessed as having a major failure.
Returning online purchases
You may return online purchases to your nearest Rebel Sport store. Please take the invoice you received with your shipment.
By post or courier:
You can initiate a return within your account online, via “My Orders”, “Initiate a Return”. Or contact the Rebel Sport Customer Service team:
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 1300 654 502 between 8.30am and 5.30pm AEST, Monday to Friday.
Special procedures for certain products
The repair of certain electrical or computing goods may result in the loss of user-generated data. Please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your goods. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
For safety reasons, please contact your nearest local Rebel Sport store before returning any bulky products. We may be able to organise a supplier’s technician to inspect the products at your site. This may include:
• Exercise Bikes
• Home gyms
In some cases a refund, replacement or repair may not be offered if you:
• Substantially modify the product;
• Misuse the product contrary to user instructions or packaging labels; or
• Simply change your mind.
Certain products are usually excluded under our Returns Policy unless they are faulty, these may include:
• Tailor made customer orders;
• Underwear (thermals and swimwear) and socks; and
• Gift-cards / vouchers / credit vouchers.
At any time you can discuss our Returns Policy with your local Rebel Sport Store Manager or phone (02) 8866 6500.
If you feel that your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or our Returns Policy are not being met, please forward your concerns in writing to:
Product Assurance Officer
Rebel Group Limited
PO Box 286 Regents Park, NSW 2143
Or ask for Product Assurance by calling our head office reception on (02) 8866 6500.
Rebel Sport will only collect, use or disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.